The camera’s default IP-address (192.168.0.90)
Follow the instructions below:
- Reset your Axis camera or video encoder to the factory defaults as described in the Installation Guide.
- Set your PC’s IP address to a free address in the range 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254.
Do not use 192.168.0.90 as this is the default address of your Axis unit.
- Using a crossover network cable, connect the camera to your PC’s network card and power it up. Make sure that only one network connection is established – between PC and your Axis unit.
(A crossover network cable is not need if a switch is used between Axis product and your PC or your PC supports Auto-MDIX).
- Use your Internet browser and enter http://192.168.0.90/
- Configure your Axis unit using its web interface by adding the desired IP address, Default Router Address and Subnet Mask to the Network Setting. If you use an IP address outside the range 192.168.01 to 192.168.0.254 the unit will not be accessible after confirming the settings.
- Disconnect the Axis unit.
- If required, reset the PC’s IP address to the original value and setup the devices to the desired network.
Note: AXIS IP Utility helps you set the IP address of an Axis network video product. Axis devices on the network are automatically discovered and displayed. Assign network parameters (IP Address, Subnet mask and Default router) or configure the device to obtain its IP address from DHCP.
Limitations for the AXIS IP Utility
The Axis device and the client computer must be on the same subnet/network segment.